GLASS FIBRE REINFORCED RESIN AS SHEET PRODUCTS
During the production, glass fibre or glass fibre mats are soaked with synthetic resin and sealed if necessary, so that a homogeneous bond is created. The resulting continuous web is cut to the size of portable plates. These are adhesively bonded at the deployment site using a Hydewa special adhesive, directly onto various substrates and then grouted. This creates a moisture-repellent and easily to clean protective layer – similar to a protective skin – ideally suited for areas which are subjected to increased hygienic requirements.
For our FRP we distinguish between standard requirements (warehouses, stables etc.) and areas with the highest standards (cheese ripening rooms, sausage production, etc.). We offer the ideal solution for each area. Standard FRP for standard areas, and Glasbord® as our premium product for applications on the highest level. Of course, all the products are suitable for the application in food manufacturing companies. FRP is available in thicknesses between 1.5 and 3.0 mm.
Advantage of flat material
- Design options
- Special colours as of 500 m²
- can be marked on & covered easily
- Strips & rubber seals are connected easier
Advantages of structured materials
- Uneven surfaces & scratches are not easily detectable visually
- Repairs are barely visible
- slower drainage of cleansing foam -> longer contact time -> lower dosage
- reduces the fatigue of the eyes through the diffuse reflection of light
- high-quality visual impression
FRP without finishing
The plates are manufactured from glass-fibre reinforced synthetic resin, in this case without a special surface finishing. This is the most cost effective option. Because synthetic resin always displays small voids (pores) due to the production process, micro-organisms/particles can settle there. None-finished FRP is therefore suitable for many hygienic areas, however, not for the highest demands or stresses.
Gelcoat means that the FRP surface is sealed with a special hard lacquer based on a artificial resin. Through this, open pores are sealed and an increased resistance against chemicals (such as cleaning agents) achieved.
Here, a film is applied to the visible side of the FRP during the production, and a permanent bond thereby created with the same. This film covers all pores, provides an excellent resistance against acids and alkalis, protects the surface and is not removable.
All board materials are available in a width of 1.20 m and lengths of 2.10 m, 2.50 m, 2.75 m and 3.00 m.
Standard colour white (RAL 9010 similar)
Special colours: at an extra charge upon request (LX from 500 sqm; Glasbord® from 2000 sqm)
- very smooth, optionally flat or structured surface
- corrosion free
- permanently elastic: Even with small radii installation without tension cracks
- permanently aesthetic surface.
- mechanical load
- extremely impact and scratch resistant
- resistant against chemicals and acids